An all-veggie affair making use of the Bicolano’s gata cooking technique and the Pampango palate (meaning it’s sweeter than spicier!).
Don’t scream! I just like how it sounds. Yes, yes, I know there are no trains to Pampanga and it’s not as spicy you won’t rush to the CR!
What you need:
1 tsp cooking oil
1 small red onion, minced
1 tsp ginger, finely sliced
1 pack/10 pcs lady’s finger chili or siling pansigang, finely sliced
2 packs/12 pcs winged beans, finely sliced
1 1/2 cups coconut cream
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Sauté onions in oil until translucent. Add ginger.
2. Add chili. Sauté until translucent.
3. Add winged beans.
4. Add coconut cream and bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer.
5. Cook until dish has a thin layer of oil on top brought about by the coconut cream.
6. Salt or patis and pepper to taste.
7. The secret? Sprinkle a bit of brown or muscovado sugar 🙂 It balances the flavors!